Make your own free website on


Homeschooling information is available from:
Montana Legislative Branch

Information from a personal emailing June, 1997: Basically, you have to inform the county supt. that you are homeschooling, keep immunization records, attendence records of 180 days and have an organized course of study that covers subjects taught in the public school. The County Supt. may send a form that asks for all kinds of other information, but you DON"T have to fill it out. As far as I know there have been no court challenges about homeschooling in Montana, and most of the time it's pretty laid back. It just depends on how busy the County Supt. is with other things